Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving



November 28, 2013

Hola! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

It definitely doesn´t feel like Thanksgiving on this end of the world, but maybe that´s because they don´t celebrate it here, also it´s sunny today.  The past few days have been really rainy and cold though, so I was starting to feel in the Spirit.  I´m not sure if they do anything for Thanksgiving here in the CCM.  I´ve heard that we might be having turkey or something. 

This week has honestly flown by really fast!  And I´m at my half way mark here! Woo! I am feeling much better, which I am so grateful for! The new North American sisters are so nice, we don´t see them very much because they are on a different schedule, but we get to go to the temple with them today so that´s going to be fun! 

On Saturday we went proselyting. Our area was nicer then some of the ones the elders went to.  Basically everyone has a dog or two.  Hermana Louder is afraid of dogs, so I think she is going to have a rude awakening when she realizes Uruguay has just as many.  The Argentinean people are very private.  All of their windows are barred and they all have gates around their property so we don´t knock on doors here.  Most people have a buzzer, but if they don´t you just have to clap, and they don´t come to the door to answer, they peek through the shades to talk to you first.  We shared a brief message with one lady where we couldn´t even see her face, all we could see was the bottom part of her arm.

At first it was really scary.  I still don´t understand what people are saying to me, but the spirit speaks all languages. We did talk to a few people and placed some Book of Mormons and they didn´t seem to mind that we couldn´t speak the language very well.  We get to go back to that area again this Saturday, but after that we give the references to the missionaries in Buenos Aires.  I hope we can talk to some of the same people, or just find more to talk to.  It honestly makes me so excited to get to Paraguay.  I just love this gospel so much, and I honestly do love the South American people.  They are so kind and willing to help you learn.  Our roommates this time around are just as sweet and I´m going to be sad to see them go on Tuesday. 

So this past week I got called as one of the Sister Leader Trainers in the CCM.  There are always two, a Latina Hermana and a North American, so it covers all the languages, but we look after all of the hermanas here.  Our job is basically to look after the sisters when we are in the Sister´s quarters where their district leaders can´t come, so we are kind of like the mediators.  We are also there in case of emergencies and to make sure the sisters are all happy and healthy.  I also have meetings with Presidente and the other North American district leaders 3 times a week. 

I don´t have much to say except that I love you all so much and I´m so grateful for the support,  I´m also grateful for the Atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Through Him it is possible to overcome both spiritual and physical death.  I love my Savior with all my heart and I know that this is His true Gospel restored on the earth.  Mormon said in Words of Mormon 1:7 "And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me.  And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will." 

And that´s how I feel, I may not ever be a perfect missionary, but I wouldn´t want to be anywhere else right now than on a mission doing the Lord´s work!

All is well, Happy Thanksgiving again. Te amo con todo mi corazon!

Love,

Hermana Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment