Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I'm Training






First off, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day Thursday and eats lots of good food for me, and remember to be grateful, because we have so many wonderful things to be grateful for, especially having the gospel in our lives.  I don´t know how I´ll celebrate, maybe, I´ll go get lomitos with my companion. 

Speaking of my companion.... My new companion is Hermana Jarman from Cotton Wood Heights (Salt Lake), Utah and she is straight out of the MTC.  Yes, I´m training!!  She is basically the sweetest little thing.  She is just ready to hit the ground running, and she speaks really well.  Like... WAY better than I did when I first got to the mission.  But, that´s not totally fair because she studied for two years in High School and I only studied French.  With training comes 12 weeks of studying for 4 hours.  I´m actually learning a lot about my trainer, and thinking that Hermana Jarman is just so sweet, and patient and I do not think I was half as good as that with Hermana Casey, but these next 12 weeks are going to be fun and probably will fly by for me.  And I´m excited to learn lots.  

It was kind of a long week.  I found out Tuesday night that I would be training and Hermana Weeks had to pack and we had to clean, so we didn´t get much sleep that night.  Then we headed to the terminal to drop off Hermana Weeks and then headed to the offices to pick up my "hija".  We had a brief training with President and then they brought out our companions and then we left to our areas and we´ve been studying and working hard ever since.  

I just wanted to share something that I learned from Preach My Gospel this morning about how much our Heavenly Father loves us. "He weeps with us when we suffer and rejoices when we do what is right.  He wants to communicate with us, and we can communicate with Him through sincere prayer." (PMG pg. 31)  I know that´s true.  Heavenly Father´s goal is to see us succeed.  He didn´t send us to this earth to laugh at our struggles, but to help us learn and grow to become more like Him and He really truly feels every pain, struggle, joy, happiness, that we may have.  As we strive to live His commandments we will show our love for Him and we will be blessed more than we can imagine.  

Rohayhu!! 
Hermana Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment