Monday, May 4, 2015

Last Letter Home

May 4, 2015

Ok, first things first, I had a wonderful week.  It went by really fast, but all the members were great.  They fed us a lot, because everyone just wants to feed me because I´m leaving Paraguay.

So mom, food I´ve missed would be vegetables, lots of vegetables like a big huge salad!  I did finally,have a weird food experience.  I guess every missionary needs one of those lunches where they want to feed the food to the dog when they aren´t looking.  I almost managed to go my whole mission without having one of those, but Friday this sweet, sweet recent convert lady, I just love her so much (She´s the one who taught be sing in Guarani), she made us Milanesa de Mondongo for lunch.  So Milanesa is fried meat basically, and it´s actually really good when it´s chicken or steak, but Mondongo is like the weird insides of the cow, like it´s intestines or something.  It´s yellow and stringy and smells just like you would think.  (Hermana Line says it looking octopus)  Ya, so we have all heard that when done right,  Milanesa de Mondongo is really good, but we do not share that opinion, but we ate it and we survived. 

Monday we had a district activity; we went and played Badminton which was fun and different.  We also passed by for that reference we got last week from Mario.  The coolest people ever!!  
I´m so sad that I have to leave them.  Graciela and Antony are the best.  They are a brother and a sister and they older.  Graciela is super sweet and Antony is like the coolest guy every.  He is a pilot and he´s super smart.  He always says that he´ll teach us science and we´ll teach him the gospel, but he is pretty golden.  The first time we explained the book of Mormon he said, "Jesus Christ came to the Americas? I had no idea" And he´s been reading every since and loves it.  When we taught the Word of Wisdom he was drinking Coffee and he said, "At least I only drank a little bit" And then dumped it out.  The only down side is that he lives in Bolivia, but he wants to move back to Paraguay.  They couldn´t come to church because it rained really, really hard (like nobody came to church), but I just know that they will progress in the gospel.  Antony is already asking for double of what we give him so he can teach his friends and coworkers.  

Other than that it was a pretty normal week.  I am sad about leaving.  It still doesn´t feel real, like it hasn´t hit me yet.  Basically tomorrow is my last day, because Wednesday is our day with President where we go to lunch and the Temple and my plane  leaves Thursday afternoon (not excited for 20 hours of plane flights).  I have learned so much on my mission and I wouldn´t have changed this experience for anything else in the world.  Maybe my Spanish isn’t so good or I wasn´t the perfect teacher, but I have a much clearer view of the atonement and how to use it in my life.  I know what kind of member I want to be for the rest of my life.  I learned to have more charity and love for others, to share the gospel with everyone, to help the missionaries at every opportunity   and to just strive to be more like my Savior.  This scripture that I read this week describes it best:

Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

And that is so true.  I may have a lot of weaknesses, but through the atonement of our Redeemer those things can become strong.  We can be a better missionary, daughter, sister, mother, father, brother, son, ward member, person, because that is part of His plan!  Don´t ever feel worthless or hopeless because Christ wouldn´t have done what he did for a hopeless case.  He sees what we can´t.  He knows our whole potential.  Trust him!! 

I love you all so much and I´m so grateful for your support on my mission! Love you and I´ll see you on Friday.  Have a wonderful week! 

Rohayhu!
Hermana Amy Pamela Lindsay



No comments:

Post a Comment