Sunday, November 3, 2013

Here Goes Nothing!

Hey everyone! As most of you know I'm leaving this week for my mission! Ah crazy! I can't even believe how fast this went. Anyways I fly out on Wednesday and I will arrive at the Argentina Missionary Training Center Thursday morning.  I will be there for about six weeks and then I will head off to serve in the Paraguay Asuncion Mission for a period of 18 months.  I figured this blog would be a fantastic way for my friends and family to read some of my stories. It will probably be updated about every week or two (I will be leaving it in the care of my lovely mother :)).  I would love to hear from all of you as well! I can't guarantee how much time I will have to respond or how fast the mail service is, but I will try my hardest. Though it sure would bring a smile to my face to get lots of letters, so uh... no pressure or anything! That being said here are some ways you can reach me:

First of all this is site is pretty awesome, you can write me while I'm in the MTC, I will be at the Argentina MTC for six weeks but then you can also write me on my mission after that. My mission is the Paraguay Asuncion Mission and it's free because it's pouch mail! I'm not sure if it's free or not for the MTC but if it does cost anything, I think it's about the same as a postage stamp.

http://www.dearelder.com/index/inc_name/home

If you are wanting to write me a good old fashion letter then, my MTC address is (It isn't pouch mail so you would have to pay whatever the rate was to Argentina).

Sister Amy Lindsay
Paraguay Asunción Mission
Argentina Missionary Training Center
Autopista Ricchieri y Puente 13
1778 Ciudad Evita
Buenos Aires
Argentina

After the six weeks, which would be after December 20, you can send me a letter via pouch mail. (meaning one page, no envelope, folded and taped with the address written on the outside, regular postage stamp).  And like I said dearelder.com is free.

Sister Amy Lindsay
Paraguay Asunción Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City UT 84130-0150

If you are just dying to send a letter in an envelope through regular mail or even send a package, those are two different addresses as well, which you can get from my mother if you want. I just don't feel like posting a bunch of addresses here. But like a said dearelder is a wonderful site. 

 I do have an e-mail address. At this point I'm not sure how much time I will have to use it, but if you would like it, again either I or my mother can give it to you. 

I know with all my heart that this is Christ's church. That's why I want to serve a mission. To bring people to Christ. To help them feel of the love that our Father in Heaven has for them.  This gospel is true. I want others to know of the joy and happiness that it brings me.  I'm so excited to serve the people in Paraguay and become an instrument in the Lord's hands.  I could not think of a better way to spend the next 18 months of my life.  

"...Your Heavenly Father loves you—each of you. That love never changes. It is not influenced by your appearance, by your possessions, or by the amount of money you have in your bank account. It is not changed by your talents and abilities. It is simply there. It is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful. God’s love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love. It is simply always there." - Thomas S. Monson

I hope you always remember that!


No comments:

Post a Comment