Monday, July 28, 2014

Pray Always



July 28, 2014

My week was pretty busy . As a zone we made a goal that we want each companionship to baptize a family in the month of August, so we´ve be working really hard to find families that we can teach.  It´s a lot easier to just teach people one on one, but I know that this is the work of the Lord and the family is so important to Him.  He wants us to be together forever, for the eternities.  I´m blessed to have that knowledge and reality in my life and I want to share that with others, that´s really why we are.  We don´t just go on missions to learn a new language or to visit other countries, but really to bless other people’s lives.  We leave our families for a year and a half so that other´s can live with their family forever.  I know that´s the Lord´s goal too and we are finding some really cool families that we are going to start working with so I´m pretty excited about that.

We´ve been working a lot more with the members here lately too.  Yesterday they just called a bunch of ward missionaries so we are really excited to start with working with them and I think they are all really excited too.  Honestly the members our awesome here, they are all so willing to help us, they just don´t really know how, so it requires a little more work on our part but it´s so worth it. 
It´s been getting kind of cold here lately too.  This is going to sound crazy, but I love the hot summer here better than the cold.  It´s harder to escape the cold here because the houses are actually built to retain cool air and keep out the hot, so we use lots of heaters and layers, but it comes and goes so that´s nice.  I might eat my words when it gets to be hot again, but we´ll see. 
I don´t really have much else to report, but I do want to share my testimony that I know that God answers prayers.  He is listening and he will always answer.  It may not be when or in the way we want, but he will always, always answer. I love the scripture in Alma 37:37 that says, "Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea,when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day."  Really that´s an awesome promise, so don´t forget your morning and evening prayers!! Because when we don´t pray, then we don´t have that promise, because it´s really the devil that teaches us not to pray.  God wants to pray always! (2 Nephi 32, 8 & 9)  So always have a prayer in your heart and you will have a good week!!
Rohayhu!!
Hermana Amy Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment