Monday, August 4, 2014

Half Way!



August 4, 2014
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can´t even believe that I´m already at my half way mark!  It´s so crazy.  I only have nine more months left and it´s all going to be downhill from now.  It´s really bitter sweet.  I´m sad because I just love my mission and Paraguay (especially when you´re just walking down the street and see something like a monkey tied up to someone´s fence....), but I´m excited because it means that I´m completing my mission to the Lord.  That´s what President always says anyways. 
Speaking of President we had interviews this past week!! I love interviews.  President is just awesome and he always has lots of good advice, but he likes to keep us on our toes.  I think transfers are probably one of his most favorite things, because he throws teasers and stuff at us to keep us guessing.  He kept talking about all the changes that were going to happen by the end of the year and so the four of us, (my companion and the hermanas that live next door) spent a good time speculating at what he could possible change up. Ha, mission life is weird sometimes, but I just love every minute of it.  
We´ve been working a lot with our new ward missionaries.  They are all so excited to come out with us, it´s really refreshing.  Many of them are planning on serving missions one day, so it´s good for them to get a taste of what it´s like.  We´ve also been really focusing on the family this past week and I think we´ve been finding a few that could progress, they just need to come to church! 
We found one part member family this week.  Actually their story is really sad. This lady is a member of the church and she got married to get baptized, but she and her husband had a falling out and her life kind of went downhill after that.  She has a bit of a drinking problem, which is sad.  She is living with this other guy and he decided he wanted to help her and he saw her baptism photos and came to the church looking for help and normally the church is closed, but he came during our District meeting and we wrote down their information and stopped by their house.  I want to help her get back on her feet so bad! It´s a testament that God knows his children and puts people where they need to be so that we can help one another.  She was so happy to see us, as drunk as she was, and we shared a little with her and she sang, "I am a Child of God" with lots of gusto.  She has a sad story, but she hasn´t made some of the best decisions either.  But that´s why Jesus Christ came, to atone for us, so that we can be clean again because really truly, we can be!!
I was reading a talk from the April 2011 conference the other day and Elder Paul V. Johnson gave a talk on overcoming trials.  He tells a story of a little boy with cancer and as the doctor is telling the family about the procedures he added that many people ask him if they will be the same after it is all over and he replies, "No, you won´t be the same.  You will be so much stronger.  You will be awesome!",  as it is with all trials that we have in this life and all the difficult things we have to go through.  The best part is we have the Lord´s promise that He will help us and that really truly we can be perfect one day like our Savior. We will be awesome!!
Love you all so much!! Thanks for the letters and prayers and the examples that you are for me!
Have a good week!!
Rohayhu!!
Hermana Amy Lindsay


My Gandolf stick to protect me from dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment