Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year




¡¡¡Happy New Year!!!! 


So this week just flew by! There were changes a week ago.  Hermana Jarman is still in her training so we are both still here in San Lorenzo, but the other Hermanas of San Lorenzo changed a bit.  I don´t know if I told you buy Hermana Kimball is here with me in the ward and when her companion left she received two more.  One is Hermana Ramos, she is from Brazil and she is just the cutest thing, always saying hi to everyone, and her other comp is Hermana Thacker!!! That was a really fun surprise.  So now my only three companions that are still in the mission are here with me in San Lorenzo, so we are just having a blast.  Hermana Kimball and Hermana Thacker go home in February though, but these next six weeks will be fun.  

We spent the week just busting our backs trying to get this one family to church.  The one family that was going to drive them, their car broke down and we found out on Saturday.  So we spent a good part of the day running around and making phone calls to all the members in the ward, but we found them a ride and they came to church!!! We had a lot of help.  Really, the spirit is a big part of everything I do.  I´ve never prayed so much before in my life!! Like every second I´m praying about something.  It was just a testimony to me that the adversary can´t win this battle because if we do everything with the Lord´s help, He comes out on top,  Always!!  I´m so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost.  I have a huge testimony that God answers prayers.  

This week we have a zone conference and our zone will be singing as the choir, so that should be interesting.  Oh and one of the members here surprised us with a daughter that we didn´t know existed.  She had been living with her grandma, but she wasn´t running around in the best of circles. Her mom wanted her to come live with her for awhile.  I´m not sure how we missed the fact that she had another daughter, but Nadia is 13, and not a member and we are starting to teach her this week.

Oh and Mom!! The kids here just LOVED the glow sticks you sent.  This same family has five other little kids and I´m sure they played with them for a good two hours straight.  They are quite the novelty here actually.  They do play a lot with firecrackers and stuff, but a lot of kids have never seen these and the just love them.  

Other than that, all is well with me.  Just happy to start a new year!! Can´t believe it´s 2015 already. 

Rohayhu!! 

Hermana Amy Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment