Monday, October 6, 2014

Phrases from Conference I Love



¡¡HOLA !!


Hope everyone just loved general conference.  I sure did, although I always get sad when it´s all over, but I have a lot I have to work on these next few months.  I thought it was really cool how they allowed the speakers to speak in their native language.  With those speakers, you got a little taste of what everyone in the world listens to if they speak a different language.  Of course, the talks are still wonderful, but the ability to listen to their actual voice makes a huge difference.  Ñemby is the stake center so I didn´t have to go very far to watch general conference.  We have the option to watch in English so I was in a room with a bunch of missionaries and when Elder Gavarrat and Elder Martinez gave their talks in Spanish we all ran into the chapel to listen. 
Here are just some of the phrases from Conference that I loved:
Which way do you face? - Elder Robbins

The church is a home for all regardless of the strength of your testimony. - President Uchtdorf

Kindness is powerful -Elder Oaks

Spiritual questions deserve spiritual answers from God - Elder Andersen

"Yes Lord, I will follow thee." - Elder Gavarrat

The only way to find lasting peace is to look towards Him and live - Elder Perry

The living Lord guides His living church through His prophets - Elder Nelson

Following the prophet is always right - Sister McConkie

Walking WHERE Jesus walked is less important than walking AS Jesus walked. - President Monson

Stay in the boat! - Elder Ballard

We´ve come to this earth to be tried, tested, and stretched! Our tools: Prayer, Scipture study, Family Home Evening, and the Temple - Elder Scott

And of course, I love Elder Bednar´s talk and I think it´s a good way to explain to any non-member who is curious as to why we like to share what we believe and describes exactly why I wanted to serve a mission, because I love my Savior and His gospel.  I love and try to use the healing power of the Atonement in all aspects of my life because I know it works.  I know we do dumb things and make silly mistakes, but we can be clean!! Completely and perfectly!! Every day I am grateful for that knowledge and that I can share that with the people of Paraguay.  I might be weak, but Christ is strong and He´s on my team.  And yours!!
Anyways, my whole week was basically preparing and teaching people about general conference, which strengthened my testimony.  Oh, and I guess the funny story of the week was with our ward mission leader.  He´s kind of a crazy man, but he found out Hermana Flores is terrified of frogs (they are huge here!) and every chance he gets he is throwing stuff at her, acting like it´s a frog to get her to squeal, and now every time we see him he brings this weird liquid saying it´s frog juice and trying to get us to drink it.  He says it cures cancer.  Ha,ha, if only it were that simple!  I don´t know if it´s actually frog juice or not though. 
Anyways, that´s basically all from me.  Changes are this week, so I might be writing you guys from a different area.  We´ll see.
Rohayhu!
Hermana Amy Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment