Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Rohayhu!



February 24, 2014

This week we got caught in the rain and when it rains here the streets flood.  Well it stormed and we ended up going home a half an hour early because our area basically turned into a river and it was impossible to work.  We were soaked to the bone by the time we got home.  

I also fell this week.  Actually it´s the second time I have fallen here.  The roads are all uneven, so I´m not surprised, but I´m not really hurt. I only bled a little bit... but I´m not sure what happened because I have a perfect slice on my leg so I must have fallen on something.  Hermana Casey fell a couple of weeks ago, hers was worse than my first fall and then I bled more with the next fall so now she´s worried her next fall is going to be bigger and worse. 

Heavenly Father always answers prayers, even silly ones.  Hermana Casey was hungry, but she didn´t want to buy food, so she told me that she was praying that someone was going to invite us in and feed us. It´s super common in the campo, but not in our area.  Anyways, we stopped to see if this family was home that we´ve met with a couple of times.  Usually they are really busy and never home, but today they were and they invited us in.  They were having a party, dinner thing later that night and they invited us (their house is super chuchi), but it started at 9, which is when we have to be back in our apartment.  They told us to ask permission, but there was going to be karaoke and lots of alcohol... which was maybe not the best environment for a missionary.  I turned to Hermana Casey and said, "Well your prayer was almost answered." and that’s when they brought out sandwiches, and crackers, and dulce de leche and jam!  Basically faith and pray work, so use them!  Even if it doesn´t seem like the most important thing in the world.  Heavenly Father loves you and he´s waiting to answer your prayers!

I don´t really have much to report. We have a few investigators, that are doing awesome, but there´s always a catch.  If this work was easy though, it wouldn´t be of God.  Like Elder Holland has said, "Salvation is not a cheap experience; it has to be hard for us because it was hard for Him."  Our Savior suffered so much for each and every one of us, a million times what we could possibly ever imagine so of course this life is going to be a hard sometimes, but we never have to suffer it alone.  Christ knows exactly our pains and our sorrows and He has His arms out stretched waiting to meet us, but we have to make the effort to come to Him.  

Have a wonderful week.

Rohayhu!

Hermana Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment