Monday, June 9, 2014

I´m in Ñemby



June 9, 2014

¡¡¡Hola!!!
So, I´m in a new area!!! Right now I´m in Ñemby.  It´s actually not too far from Asunción. My area has a lot more campo (countryside) now, so that´s fun.  It´s kind of like a mixture of city and interior, but I love it already.  I´ve just been so happy from the minute I got here on Wednesday,  I don´t even know why, but I guess it´s because it´s just where I need to be.  It´s fun, I see a lot more chickens and cows just roaming around.  They actually have a ward here, so that´s different for me and they baptize quite frequently.  The elders in our ward just had a baptism this last Saturday. 
There are six missionaries in this little ward and all North Americans, it´s kind of crazy.  My companion is Hermana K___, and she has about 10 months in the mission.  We get along really well, she´s a really good teacher, and she is really excited about the work so we have lots of fun together.  We also live next door to other Hermanas that our in our ward too.  Hermana R___ and Hermana W___.  It´s fun, it´s kind of like college and we are in each other´s apartments quite a bit.  Then there is Elder A___, he actually goes home this next transfer and Elder C___  and he actually just leaned over from the other computer and told me to tell you "Hola 208" Haha... I don´t know I guess because he´s from Idaho too.   
Anyways I´m super happy here and I´m excited to be doing the Lord´s work.  Every day is precious because time just seems to fly by so fast, but I´m happy to be here in Paraguay.  There really isn´t anywhere else or anything else I´d rather be doing right now than preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know that this is his work and I know that we have a message that not only blesses lives, but makes them better and brings them happiness.  I hope all of you recognize that blessing.  This work is not easy but so worth it.  I just finished Elder Ballard´s book, "Our Search for Happiness" It´s a great book to read for members and nonmembers alike.  Especially if they want to understand more about the church and why we do what we do and why we believe what we believe, because really, this life is time to find that happiness and to live our lives more in harmony with that of the Savior´s.
That´s basically all from me for this week, I´m just kind of getting adjusted and learning the area.  This week we are going to work super hard and find lots of miracles. Oh ya, and we didn´t get any of the flooding here so that´s good. We are safe and dry, but today we are going to try and find some boots for me...just in case. 
All is well with me.  Enjoy your week and Rohayhu!
Hermana Amy Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment